Sat, Oct 05 | Spring-To-Spring Trail
Be a Challenger - Mean Bean Chili Cookoff
Challengers can enter in Chili or Chili and Cornbread. Cost to enter Chili is $25.00 and cost to enter Chili and Cornbread is $35.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Oct 05, 2019, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Spring-To-Spring Trail, Spring-To-Spring Trail, DeBary, FL 32713, USA
About the Event
Chili Cook-off Rules
- This will be a Chili Cook-Off and Cornbread competition (if you so desire to enter a cornbread). There will be a REstaurant Category and Home Cook Category that the judges will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. There will also be a Crowd Favorite award for both chili and cornbread.
- Cost to enter Chili is $25.00 and cost to enter Chili and Cornbread is $35. All proceeds from this event will be donated to Special Needs Ability Program and Ladies 327 Supper Club, two local non-profit organizations.
- True Chili is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with chili peppers, various other spices and other ingredients. For vegetarian chili, meat is not required.
- All ingredients must be pre-cooked prior to the event - chili is to brought to the event ready to eat.
- Please have an ingredient list printed and posted at your station during the event.
- NO store bought chili or cornbread allowed!
- Chili must not melt your taste buds! Please label chili mild, medium, spicy or waiver required.
- Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own utensils and products related to their chili/cornbread submission and maintenance of its proper temperature for serving. Spoons and cups for use in serving chili to the public will be provided. Condiments will not be provided.
- Each contestant must bring a minimum of (4) gallons of chili.
- Contestants must supply a 10 x 10 canopy tent; table(s), chairs, decorations if you choose to do so (there might be a prize for decorated!) and a means to keep the chili at a proper temperature such as an electric, gas, or propane stove; no charcoal or wood burning cooking devices may be used. Generators can be used for electricity.
- Each contestant is responsible for policing and cleaning up their area at the end of the day and removing all items from the area. Please take all trash and place in the dumpster provided. There will not be an area for cleaning of dishes. No items shall be allowed to remain after the close of the Cook-Off.
- To enter your chili or chili and cornbread, please go to www.ladies327.org and click on the event tab to register and pay.
- Contact Kim Colegrove at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- (1) Chili Entry$25$250$0
- (1) Chili and (1) Cornbread$35$350$0